CONFORMATION - The "beauty contest" is necessary to confirm our dogs are up to Standard. Proper conformation, sound movement, well-formed ridge and good temperament are all judged at these events. Earning a CH to put in front of a dog's registered name means this Ridgeback is a good Ridgeback.
All dogs are / were owner handled.
- "Tiyeni" MBIF Ch Mwenje Tiyeni Galu JC, RN
- Our youngest addition, Tiyeni is a T granddaughter. She was bred by Jennifer Price and Yolande Lafrance-Martinez. Her sire is FC Southoaks HH Jungle Mischief SC (Bagheera) and dam is Kariba's Tokolosi of Mazoe JC. She finished at 22 months with Best of Opposite and a 5 pt. Major at the Jamesville K.C. Show in Madison, WI. Tiyeni's first litter is due Sept 20, 2006. Sire is Ch T'Daz D Jawa Kuzari Kurwa JC, RN, CGC, HIC (Kuza).
- "T" DC Ngwazi's Mavuto Kwambiri TD, CDX, SC, AX, AXJ, ASFA FCh, LCM, CGC, VCX, ET, RN
- T, a male born in May, 1994, finished at 13 months, in June 1995. He had many Best of Breeds with limited showing. Group placements included a second, thirds and fourth. T placed first in the Field Trial Champion Dog class at both the 1998 and 1999 RRCUS Specialties. At the 2002 RRCUS Specialty, he placed third in the 7-9 year Veteran Sweepstake and third in the Field Trial Champion Dog class.
- "Mama Lani" Ch Chenget's Raglan Rhoda TD, CD, NA, CGC, VC
- Lani, T's mom, finished at 20 months old, in February, 1990, with very limited showing. She also had a group three placement.
- "Floyd" Ch Timbavati Dark Side Floyd CD, TD, NA, CGC, VC
- Floyd had many respectable Best of Breeds and group three and four placements in his short career. He finished at 14 months old in June, 1989 (my first Championed dog). Floyd made the second cut at the 1990 RRCUS Specialty.
Lani 1989 - photo by Lloyd W. Olson Studio.